Resolutions for 2013

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Photobucket


Each year my sister-in-law asks us what our New Years Resolutions are & I never really have any. I've tended to think that resolutions are something you say New Years Eve, but never remember when you wake the next day. However, after reading this post from Briana on how she did with her 2012 resolutions, I decided that it was time to make some. Here are my resolutions for 2013:

1. Cleaning Schedule - Maintain this cleaning schedule (via Emily at A Denver Home Companion) so cleaning the house does not become the half day ordeal that it sometimes has been. I've saved the schedule to the front page of my ipad so I can easily check what the job for that day is.

2. Exercise - Carve out some time each day to exercise. Exercise gives me time to think & time just for me. I like it & I need to do more of it. Getting up a little earlier or at least when the alarm goes off will be the key to this. 

3. Time for Nick - Make sure Nick gets this time each day too. Am thinking more of our before/after work trade off will have to happen.

4. Quality Time - Ensure that I spend some quality time playing with Lulu each day. It is so rewarding teaching her new things & although this generally happens each day, it is so easy to get distracted by a text message or getting a cup of coffee & find the time sucked away. 

5. Greening up - It's time for our little family to get a little greener. Recycling takes a little more thought in Alice Springs, what with no curbside recycling. But there are places to drop bottles, we just need to get a little more organised with our collecting of old bottles. Composting for the garden is also something we want to get into, including making use of our coffee grounds.  

Writing the resolutions down has certainly helped solidify them in my mind. I'll be sure to let you know how I go. Have you made any new years resolutions? Please write them in the comments below or add a link to your blog if you have made any resolutions, I'd love to read them. 

5 comments :

  1. Beautiful photo! And thanks for the shout-out. Glad you were inspired to write your own resolutions!

    I am still working on a few but will post them on Friday. And I think I will join you on the keeping a cleaning schedule! Regular cleaning has gone by the wayside since little Alice joined us and then it DOES become such an ordeal to get things righted.

    And HOORAY for being more green! I love love love that.

    XO. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cleaning (aside from a surface tidy) was never high on my list of things to do even before Lulu, so this past year it really has not been done at all. The list is great, do it.

      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. love these! simple and meaningful.

    i hope you find the cleaning schedule as useful as i have. really, it has changed the way i view housework bc it has made it so less daunting.

    jp and i french press our coffee when we're at home. it's become a sort of ritual to dump the grounds out on our front garden before we clean the pot for the morning's coffee. yay composting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The list is fabulous, thanks so much for posting about it, it is already working really well.

      Delete
  3. I love these resolutions. I am excited to hear how they go.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you
Alli xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...