Each year my sister-in-law asks us what our New Years Resolutions are & I never really have any. I've tended to think that resolutions are something you say New Years Eve, but never remember when you wake the next day. However, after reading this post from Briana on how she did with her 2012 resolutions, I decided that it was time to make some. Here are my resolutions for 2013:
1. Cleaning Schedule - Maintain this cleaning schedule (via Emily at A Denver Home Companion) so cleaning the house does not become the half day ordeal that it sometimes has been. I've saved the schedule to the front page of my ipad so I can easily check what the job for that day is.
2. Exercise - Carve out some time each day to exercise. Exercise gives me time to think & time just for me. I like it & I need to do more of it. Getting up a little earlier or at least when the alarm goes off will be the key to this.
3. Time for Nick - Make sure Nick gets this time each day too. Am thinking more of our before/after work trade off will have to happen.
4. Quality Time - Ensure that I spend some quality time playing with Lulu each day. It is so rewarding teaching her new things & although this generally happens each day, it is so easy to get distracted by a text message or getting a cup of coffee & find the time sucked away.
5. Greening up - It's time for our little family to get a little greener. Recycling takes a little more thought in Alice Springs, what with no curbside recycling. But there are places to drop bottles, we just need to get a little more organised with our collecting of old bottles. Composting for the garden is also something we want to get into, including making use of our coffee grounds.
Writing the resolutions down has certainly helped solidify them in my mind. I'll be sure to let you know how I go. Have you made any new years resolutions? Please write them in the comments below or add a link to your blog if you have made any resolutions, I'd love to read them.