Baby's first beach day!

Thursday, January 31, 2013

 photo IMG_4451_zps3cceb6ae.jpg photo IMG_4450_zpsf125e550.jpg photo beach-days_zpsd3d936c9.jpg photo IMG_4449_zpsa5f24b95.jpg

The beach was a big part of my life growing up. My mum loved the beach & took my brother & I any chance she had. I love the feet of the sand in my toes and bobbing up and down in the waves. The ocean has that way of making you feel really small. It immediately commands your respect and attention and you have to work with it to make sure you stay safe. I'd been  looking forward to introducing Lulu to the beach. I want her to have the same love and respect for the ocean that mum & I do. 

As expected she was a little hesitant at first, but over the past weekend two other little girls (both 2 years old) were staying with us and seeing them play and enjoy the water made Lulu realise that it wasn't scary and that she did really want to be wading her feet & running in & out of the shallow water like they were. The running she can't do but wading her feet, we can certainly help her with that! 

3 comments :

  1. how wonderful!
    after seeing ramona finally fall in love with swimming in the pool due to our swim class, i'm anxious to take her to our beach house in florida to see how she handles the ocean. i'm sure it will take some coaxing. how do you convince a baby they will surely LOVE it if they just try it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post!

    I love the beach but unfortunately my 3 year old is terrified! He loves the pool so it's not a water thing, I think it may be the waves? Would love any tips you may have on convincing him that the beach can be fun! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really have no experience with 3 year olds, yet! My only suggestion is to try going with other kids his age or older. Little kids always want to do what the bigger kids or adults are doing. Plus show him how much you enjoy being at the beach. Build sandcastles together etc. Hope it helps x

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...