Boxing Day Fun

Friday, December 28, 2012

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

As a teenager and lets face it, anytime I'm in a 'big city' for Christmas (I'm looking at you Calgary), the Boxing Day Sales were one of the highlights of the festive period. Getting the perfect bargin, that top that was $50 but is now $10, was awesome, but over the last few years of spending Christmas in Apollo Bay, away from any major shopping centres, the urgency to go to the sales has waned. 

This year we put the call out to our friends and family to drop in during the afternoon. Bring your bathers, use the pool, have a post Christmas relax and chat, watch the cricket. And you know what? It just might be my new favourite Boxing Day activity. 

How did you spend Boxing Day? Is it a holiday where you are or just another day? It sure is nice having a post-Christmas come down day.

3 comments :

  1. I still have the hardest time imagining bathing-suit-and-pool weather at Christmas!

    No Boxing Day here in the States. My Canadian in-laws do it up right with drinks and food and such, though. Hoping to go for the festivities in the next year or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi-following Deanna's link :)
    How I'd love to spend Boxing Day around a pool! It sounds blissfully relaxing and fun.
    I was at my in-laws this Christmas so ours was spent at the sales as is traditional in England. We were in M&S at 7.30am-madness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ciara, thanks for linking through. I have most certainly been that the sales at 7:30am before. It is madness!! Hope your sales experience was a good one x

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...