Grey's Anatomy - the end of an era

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


Grey's Anatomy usually ends with a huge cliffhanger and last season was no different. With a plane crash and a will or wont they survive finale, I eagerly anticipated the next season. 

A few weeks ago I had a night to myself, perfect for Grey's watching as Nick always has unnecessary 'I can't believe this is so terrible' type comments that make it too hard to watch with him. I settled in to watch the first episode of the new season and do you know what? I wished that they had finished up at the end of season 8. The last two episodes of season 8 were so good that they would have been the best ending to the series. Tag on a little happily ever after 'what they're doing now' montage and you'll have a great ending to a good series. 

Instead you have fractured characters and the series heading away from that slightly sad, but ultimately feel good mentality to a 'good god I can't watch this heartbreak' mentality. I can't watch it anymore. Have you been able to keep watching Grey's? I've decided that series 8 was the end of Grey's Anatomy for me and I'm going to pretend that they are all in happy places living their dreams. 

6 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh-- I thought the exact same thing! They should have just ended it last season. I started watching episode 1 of this season and actually couldn't make it all the way through. Way too depressing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made it through the first episode, but haven't watched anymore. You're right, just way too depressing.

      Delete
  2. No! Were the first two eps mixed up on our tv? It seemed that they played the second episode before the first (if that makes sense)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no , I am watching and loving the current.. I too got the second before the first then the second back again but I can't escape the characters.. love them. Husby is in total agreement with yours though so I have it on during the day whilst working x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So maybe it is worth sticking with it? I do love the characters, but the heartache from the crash was just too much.

      Delete
  4. My husband does that, too. Makes comments about how silly the story lines are but then I always catch him watching out of the corner of his eye. Funny!

    I stopped watching Grey's a few years ago. And, honestly, I can't remember why!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...