For the new & newish mums out there

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Speaking of September Slimdown, my wonderful husband sent me a link to this article on Essential Baby last week and I have to admit that there have been many times where I don't feel like exercising. I know I could drop the weight if I upped my cardio to 1 hour, but most days just the thought of doing the Shred and a half hour run is exhausting. It's hard enough to find the energy (and time) to do half an hour cardio. Try exercising when you've been up at 12, 3 and 6am! 

I came across this article yesterday, which says nothing about how much Jessica Simpson may or may not be enjoying motherhood, instead focusing on her weight loss journey. To be sure, she has put the weight loss centre forward by accepting a $4 million deal with weight watchers (I wish!!) but the article only serves to make us think about how much weight we aren't losing. And being healthy for her daughter is so different from being skinny for her daughter. 

Sometimes we do just have to cut ourselves some slack. We don't need to get back to our pre-pregnancy weight in the first six weeks or even the first year, nor do we even need to write a musical while our baby sleeps, as the author of the article has done. If you've make it though the week in one piece with a happy baby then good oh, pat yourself on the back and pour your self a well deserved glass of wine. 

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

2 comments :

  1. Well put. I have been slacking in working out and it is TOTALLY affecting my moods so I'm trying to get back to it but, you're right, it's tough when you're sleep-deprived and exhausted and there is laundry to do and vacuuming to be done and reality T.V. to watch. ; )

    Poor Jessica. She really seems to be struggling! Or at least that's what the media would have us believe.

    Keep it up! I love the idea of Sept Slimdown but it's a little different for us up here North of the equator. You know, heading into hibernation season and all. No reason to pack on the pounds, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, heading into winter, I'd probably never leave the couch!!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you
Alli xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...