Shifting the bulk aka losing the baby weight

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

To be fair, I have lost 8kg in the four months since the birth of my baby, BUT 7 of those were within the first month, so it doesn’t really seem like I’ve lost any weight. I still can’t fit into my old jeans and to compensate I must admit I’ve bought bigger ones. I’m not feeling the best about myself right now & all I can say is that thank goodness it isn’t summer. It’s much easier to hide unwelcome bulk in the winter!

So I’m stepping it up. The exercise that is. It’s time to introduce more cardio into my day, everyday. We’ve worked out a share system where Nick will take Lulu for an hour or so after work Mondays and Wednesdays so I can exercise & I’ll take her Tuesdays and Thursdays so he can exercise. This gets me guaranteed cardio on these days. The other days I’m going to have to bite the bullet & get up at 6 so I can exercise before Lulu & Nick wake up. Cardio in the early morning then running with Lulu mid-morning will hopefully shift some of this bulk. I’ve made the promise to you so I can’t back out now…

2 comments :

  1. Seriously. It is so tough to fit in a workout with a bitty baby but I find that I am so much less emotional and so much more happy if I just GET IT DONE, even if it means waking up at the crack of dawn.

    I will hold you to it!! And, along with cardio, weights and resistance training are body-changers!

    Keep it up!

    (check out this mommy's fitness blog... she has good ideas for workouts http://fitnessista.com/fitness/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...