Adventures in TV land

Saturday, February 18, 2012


I mentioned on Tuesday that this week I finally had some time to stop, put my feet up & take it easy. This has entailed finishing two books that I've had on the go for a while & watching a little bit of telly. I've been enjoying:

30 Rock Season 5 - Liz Lemon is my hero

The Office Season 8 - The first few episodes were a little lost without Michael but by episode 12 it seems to have found it's groove again.

Gilmore Girls Season 5 - Ah this show just gives you the warm fuzzies

Northern Exposure Season 1 - I've heard a lot about this show lately so I thought I'd give it a whirl. The pilot was one of the best pilots I've ever seen. Everything just fell into place & you felt familiar with the characters and the show within the first few minutes. The second episode had annoying pan pipe music whenever a Native American elder was in the shot. Hopefully this doesn't continue for the rest of the season. But on the whole the show is quaint & likeable. 

Bones Season 7 - I normally wait until the box set is released & watch the whole season over a few weeks but this season I couldn't wait. I shan't say why because I don't want to spoil it, but anyway, it's good. 

Downton Abbey - I'd heard so much about this (Americans seem to be going nuts for it on twitter). It's much like any other British period drama, really similar to Upstairs Downstairs, so after watching the first episode, I'm not sure as yet what the big deal is. 

What shows have you been enjoying lately? I'd love some more suggestions.

I think staying in with my feet up may continue for the next few days, with forcasts of thunderstorms & 42 degrees Celsius. Just when we felt safe to blab on about the awesome dry wether, the storms are back to bite us. 

3 comments :

  1. homeland is amazing and shameless.I love when people blog about tv. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been over a week since you've blogged.... does that mean your little one has arrived?? Hope all is well! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...