Frockin' up - last day of work, week 35

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Dress - Sadie
Shoes - Thongs - the only shoes that fit me now!
Necklace - Black Jewls
Today is my last day at work. I never thought that I would actually be looking forward to it. I love my job. I love that I have employment in my chosen field when through out uni people wondered how an Anthropology degree would get you a job outside of academia. The people I work with are fantastic and the job is fun, but..... 

it's so uncomfortable sitting in an office chair. Putting my feet up hurts my back, but not putting them up hurts my feet. My feet swell too much to be able to do anything outside the office (not good when part of my job is to be in the great outdoors) plus I fell like I need to pee pretty much every time I stand up. I get so tired I need coffee mid-morning & at lunch just to get through the day which is not ideal. So it's time to give it up, put my feet up & rest a little before this baby arrives. 

PS. My dad just mentioned that all the women in his family have given birth two weeks early! Plus my friend said she went 3.5 weeks early with her first! AGH! 3.5 weeks is the weekend after next!!

1 comment :

  1. I will be 35 weeks pregnant this Friday and I totally know how you're feeling with work. I can't get comfortable, sitting or standing (I'm a nurse in an ER) and my feet and ankles resemble stuffed sausages after a 12-hour day (compression stockings are saving my LIFE). As much as I am ready for a break, I'm also sad to think my last day of work is coming up so quickly (Feb 23). Glad I'm not alone. :-)

    Good luck in your last few weeks! And I hope to be lucky enough to deliver just a teensy bit early!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...