Just a Minute in July

Sunday, July 17, 2011


Reading.... The Help by Kathryn Stockett. An amazing book about what it's like to be a black maid in a white home in the South in 1962. It has recently been made into a movie, but read the book first, it's so good.


Listening.... to Triple J via the internet. Missing home so listening online is the next best thing


Making..... dinner tonight. It's been way too long since I've eaten dinner at home. Now that all our guests are gone & Nick's still on Man Trip, it's time to cook up healthy comfort food. Chicken Kiev that I picked up from the Granville Island Markets is on the menu tonight, with salad & veggies. Yum.


Watching.... Modern Family. I put off watching this until I'd finished all of Parks & Rec because for some reason I thought they were hour long episodes, but they aren't. Just a cute, funny half hour of fun. 


Trying.... Countess of Seville, sweet orange green tea from David's Tea. Delicious. 


Just a minute via Daydream Lily

3 comments :

  1. I loved LOVED the help. I don't want to spoil anything for you, but I have a favorite part that will give it all away, the special pie! it adds so much humor to such a heartfelt book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I'll be on the look out for it. I am just loving the book so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Modern Family is so cute and funny! I love watching tv series on dvd. I havent heard of the book but love reading so will look it up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...