Delish - An afternoon of Pinterest

Sunday, June 19, 2011

I've been a little bored lately with the food we've been eating. We've become stuck in a rut of the same few recipes and it's not like we don't have time to make interesting food, on the contrary, we have plenty of time. But somehow choosing dinner is left to the last minute when we just want to get it made. 

On major rotation at the moment is portobello mushrooms marinated in balsamic vinegar with a sprinkling of feta. Served with a side of mashed peas (peas seasoned with fresh mint & malt vinegar), potatoes (sliced thin & baked with rosemary, salt & pepper) and eggplant (sliced & baked with a sprinkling of sumac).


I also ventured out of the box last Sunday & made chicken enchiladas with red sauce from scratch. Normally I pick up the Old El Paso kit, but they don't seem to sell the kits at any of the grocery stores near me so I found this recipe and followed it instead. I ended up mixing a bit of the sauce with the chicken before wrapping the enchiladas, but that was the only deviation from the recipe.

Which brings me to the afternoon of Pinterest. Pinterest is a site where you can make online inspiration boards of pretty much anything. I found that on tumbler it was too hard to look up my own posts & things became lost. Pinterest makes it much easier to see your old posts/'pins'. I have a long list of bookmarked recipes, but reading the titles is pretty uninspiring & this arvo I had a brainwave, why not create a Pinterest board of recipes that I can go back to for visual inspiration? I am by no means the first to do this, but for me the idea was gold, & my afternoon was spent revisiting all the bookmarked recipes & pinning them. 

I rediscovered this recipe I have been meaning to make. I can't wait to try it. 

See my Delish Pinboard here.


Are you stuck in a food rut? What are your favourite recipes?

2 comments :

  1. Yum! Now I am hungry...thank goodness I am going to bec's for dinner haha. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How i love pinterest! So much inspiration to be found. Doing to look you up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...