Weekend Breakfast - potato fritters

Tuesday, April 13, 2010


Our weekend breakfast have become a little boring. We either continue with muesli, like I have each day, or Nick makes his Lebanese eggs - which are delicious (I'll post the recipe another day), but we should branch out and try a few new things. I love potato fritters (Oscars do an exceptionally good fritter with chicken for dinner) so I thought I'd give them a whirl.

You need:

2 big potatoes or 3 medium size
1 spring onion or any onion you choose
1 egg

Then:
Either boil the potatoes with skin on for 12 mins or microwave them for 8 mins. Let them cool slightly then grate the potatoes. Chuck them in a bowl and mix in the spring onion and egg. Mould into patties and then fry in a shallow pan in a bit of olive oil. To serve top with a bit of pesto and fetta cheese - yum!

2 comments :

  1. I made this last night for dinner (with a few modifications - I added smokey bacon to the fritters and replaced the pesto with salsa cos Sarah's allergic to nuts) and it was delicious.

    New staple in the Evans-Turier household.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum - we will have to give this a go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...