This weekend Alice Springs played host to the Triple J One Night Stand. The weekend kicked off straight after work Friday night with beers at the T & C, followed by an exhibition opening at Peta Appleyard Gallery, then bands at Annie's Place.
Come Saturday morning cider was no longer my friend and a breakfast at Olive Pink was in order. The afternoon was spend at Alice Springs Resort floating around the pool, drinking a gin and tonic or two. The ladies and lads from the Shitbox Rally happened to be there too, adding to the merriment and all of a sudden it was time to head to the One Night Stand.
BlueJuice was a highlight followed closely by Washington. Jimmy made the best camel burgers you'll taste all night.
Over the weekend I may or may not have:
- told the lead singer of BlueJuice that he could sit with my friends to eat his dinner, only to have them tell him there was no room at their table
- been mistaken for a VIP, then stalked radio celebrities
- tap danced for Nicky Bomba
- met Kenny
- watched Mad Max with no sound and laughed at a fellow who thought it was playing in German
- laughed at the drummer from Gyroscope, then agreed with him that base players are the cause of all the worlds problems
- given Alex Dyson a lecture about Sacred Sites
- participated in a mass dance off
- had my first snake bite
How was your weekend?