Sunday Street Art & Books

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Desert Book Chick has started a Sunday book meme to re-cap the weekly events and books read. Surprisingly enough I have had time to read a book. My Aunt sent me a copy of Atonement for my birthday. I hadn’t read it yet, nor seen the film so it was the perfect gift. I loved it. It took a few pages to get into, but once I did it was great. My vindictive self was slightly disappointed with the ending which came all to quickly but it was great to be transported back in time to a pre-world war 2 England. I’ll be interested to see Hollywood’s spin on the book.
Aside from the Fern Tattoo, which I had to leave in Alice Springs, I’m also currently reading (and have bought with me):
- A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemmingway
- Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher – Her memoirs of her descent into alcoholism and her struggle with Manic Depression, an illness my mother has.
- Love Letters of Great Men and Women – my lovely friend gave me a copy of this and the stories behind each couple are fascinating.


Johnson Street, Fitzroy

2 comments :

  1. I love how much you read.
    You have inspired me to dedicate more time to reading before bed.
    There is nothing like curling up in bed with a good book.
    You are missing some wet and wild weather in Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The next book is: The Old Man and the Sea also my Ernest Hemingway.

    We're having our lunch on 26th March.

    Yes you're missing some wet old weather here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...