2009 Top 10

Sunday, January 3, 2010


About this time (though I am a little late) questions inevitably arise as to favourite movies and albums of 2009 with A Cooper's 4 Me and Struthers Review leading the charge. They don't necessarily have to have been released in 2009, just movies and albums you have discovered during the year. On the plane back from Melbourne I knocked up a list of my top 10 (5 movies and 5 albums), though I am fairly sure I've left something fabulous out:

Movies
Whip It - Roller Derby Girls?? Hell, yes
The Wrestler - hard story of past glory and present failures
The September Issue - Grace Coddington makes this documentary
The Proposal - Tragic, but I do love a 'good' rom com
Slumdog Millionaire - fabulously shot, hard to watch at times, takes you to another world

Albums
Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros - Up From Below
Amanda Palmer - Who Killed Amanda Palmer?
Ladyhawke - Ladyhawke
and I really discovered the Flaming Lips this year, do you realise?

and your top 10.....?

Image from Signal vs Noise

2 comments :

  1. oh yes...the flaming lips are a favourite of mine.
    And yes the september issue was fabulous.
    Still need to buy the Edward Sharpe and the magnetic zeros album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Whip it, in fact I have attemped to recruit several people to my roller derby team! Yes I am in Alice Springs and we do not have a competition here, but any who I now want to be a roller derby chick when I grow up! (it doesn't matter that I too am turning 30 this year...oh and I don't know hoe to roller skate...)Love Michelle J!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you
Alli xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...