Post-Christmas wrap up

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

We made it through Christmas with only a few minor Christmas tragedies. Christmas Tragedy number 1 – my cousin dropped my other cousin headfirst into the sand. Near paraplegia and hysteria ensued.

Unsure what heralded Christmas Tragedies 2 through 6 (my Aunts were keeping a tally), however Christmas Tragedy number 7 – Christmas eve and my parents dog terrorised my Uncles new wife’s dog. May or may not have been the reason why she (the wife) was ‘too tired’ to come to Christmas lunch?

Christmas Tragedy number 8 – For months now Triple J have been playing a song called ‘home’ by a band called ‘Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros’ . We have been patiently awaiting the release of their album. Two days before Christmas I miraculously found it in our local Alice Springs CD store (Christmas Miracle number 1). Nick loved it, I loved it. The tragedy ensued when Nick dropped the CD out of the rental car into a puddle in the pouring rain and then ran over it with the rental car. He phoned my (not in said car at the time) to run out and rescue the CD. The cover was ruined, however the CD itself remained unharmed and can still be played to this day (Christmas Miracle number 2).

Christmas Tragedy number 9 – Nick’s sister’s present never made it. We ordered well before Christmas and the magic of online ordering let us down. Turns out she bought the exact same gift for me (and stood in line for 4 hours to get it signed by the author) and already has a copy. So maybe, just maybe it was Christmas Miracle number 3 and not Christmas Tragedy after all.

My Christmas present from Nick, a mini-Diana! My Aunt has taken to calling me Lois Lane...

2 comments :

  1. oh you got a diana!
    how cool!
    i have the regular size one.
    they take lovely photos.
    glad you had a good christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely going to have to get you to teach me how to use mine. It will be a miracle if any of the photos turn out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you
Alli xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...