My Place and Yours - My Collection

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Asking people to show their collections is a little invitation into the intimate crazy of people's lives. There are really only two things I collect, books and shoes. The books don't make for an impressive photo as the majority of my book collection is in storage in Melbourne (we thought we'd only be here for a year, it has now been extended to 18 months). My shoes, however, are a different story. They are all here, as you never know when you might need a pair of 5 inch high heel knee-high boots in the desert, despite the fact I never wore them in Melbourne due to them being too uncomfortable for doing anything practical like walking in them. You would be surprised at how often you do need high heels in Alice Springs. Unlike Melbourne, you generally don't have to walk too far when you go out, so high heels become quite do-able. Alice girls have taken this to a whole new level and wear the most amazing, gravity defying heels.

Anyway, unlike my book collection, I never really set out to have a shoe collection, I just have such small, wide, feet. Whenever I find shoes that fit I have to buy them, afraid that I'll never find shoes in my size (size 5) again. Over time this has morphed into a bit of a collection. All be it a messy one:I've ran out of room in my tiny shoe cupboard (where shoes are two deep due to my slight ocd need to keep the boxes) and so some shoes are also sitting pretty on a shelf:

Thanks to Kate for this week's theme (and for reminding me about my secret Barbie collection) and Pip for hosting the meme

9 comments :

  1. I think shoes are one of those things that you SAY you're not into, but somehow manage to accumulate many many pairs! I have WAY too many shoes, and I don't call myself a shoe person. I call myself a CLOG person, actually! Thanks for playing along this weekend! Thanks for the shoe squiz! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE shoes too..can never have too many, no way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really do have a lot of shoes! I tend to wear the same ones all the time. Lack of money rather than interest

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think shoes are a very practical thing to collect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SIgh, I used to be into shoes. I had forgotten until I saw your photo. Now I am boring with shoes. And 'practical'. Yours look fun. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh shoes, now you're talking ... love your post ... I forgot to add my shoes ... isn't this fun?

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is so true, I would never say that I am collecting shoes but if I tried to put them all in one place that would not be too easy...
    great post
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the lovely comments. I did forget to mention that unless you saw my collection, you'd probably assume I only owned one pair of black havianas considering the fact that they are pretty much the only shoes I wear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I 'm not a shoe girl either but I do have a considerable number of shoes too.Aldo is my favourite place as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...