A Surprising Week!

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Last Friday we headed to the big city. We spent Friday night in a cute Japanese restaurant in Fitzroy with some good friends, then it was an early start on Saturday morning to the ski slopes of Mt Buller. We had barely made it onto the Holden Lift when we received a call from a mate we were heading up the lift to meet. He had broken his wrist showing off on a run! The rest of the day was spent in and out of the Medical Centre, the staff were amazing and by early evening our mate was undergoing surgery in Melbourne.

The next few skiing days were uneventful until mid-morning Tuesday when, with some coaxing from Nick, I decided to attempt my second blue run. I had made it down my first on Sunday. Absolutely terrified at the steepness, it had ended in tears, though as Nick pointed out, I did make it to the bottom, without falling (there is something about skiing so slow that you barely move – prevents falling). ANYWAY we made it over to the start of Family Run and as I was fiddling with my poles Nick said that he would like me to make it down the run as his fiancĂ©e. Before I had a chance to register that he had dropped to one knee (snowboard on the other foot) and asked me to marry him!

I said yes. And I made it down the run - a lot easier than the one I attempted on Sunday. We skied the run a few more times then headed over to Snow Pony for some celebratory champagne.

Here's Nick with the lovely glasses of champagne created by the gorgeous staff at Snow Pony.

2 comments :

  1. I wish i could say showing off "on a run"....the fact was i was standing about to drop in....from there it went pear shaped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that is gorgeous!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you
Alli xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...