Journals & sadness

Monday, June 29, 2009

I’ve recently rediscovered the importance of journaling, with a timely reminder from Anthroyogini. I generally use my journal for inspirational quotes and sometimes pictures, as well as for organising my thoughts on a subject. It’s the latter that I often forget about. Blurting out within my journal what I’m afraid to speak aloud helps clear my mind. It organises my thoughts to a point where I can discuss it with someone else or let it go. I can go for days obsessing about something, yet as soon as I write it in the journal it’s gone. Out of my mind, no longer obsessing.

For the last week I’ve been feeling really down, there’s a deep sadness, I just want to cry all the time and I’m so tired, with no real reason to be. This has happened from time to time and when I’m in this state I tend to avoid journaling about it. Things that have pulled me out before are ignoring it, hoping it will go away. Today is the first time that I have gone with it and not forced myself to feel cheerful and interact with the world. I know I can’t hide forever but for today it feels really good.

1 comment :

  1. Hang in there kiddo...tomorrow is another day. And remember if you can't write find someone who will listen. No judgement, no comment (unless you ask for it), just listening. Hope you don't mind me commenting, found your page as a link on anthroyogini.

    cheers Gary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...